Staffmax is hiring an “Assembly & Test Technician” - Operations will be responsible for the assembly of products using small tools, perform soldering and testing of various product types. You will be responsible for the efficient production of products according to established procedures, following all safety protocols and workplace policies.
Title: Assembly & Test Technician, Operations
Location: Toronto, ON
Pay Rate- $18-$20/hr 20 plus more depending on experience
Job Type: Full-time, 3 month contract
- Read electrical schematics, blueprints, and other technical diagrams
- Connect cables, tubes and wires to complete assemblies and installations
- Position and install parts, subassemblies and accessories using hand and power tools and other aids like overhead hoists, Mark, record, and report defects Solder and assemble products using small hand tools, power tools and other equipment.
- Perform testing, packing, and closing of products Test electrical assemblies, equipment and wiring for proper performance using testing devices such as meters, analyzers, and timing lights
- Clean and perform preparation of worksite
- Incoming material inspection and reporting
- Inventory counts – cycle and yearly and other given tasks
Qualifications and Experience:
- Electronic background/experience is an important asset
- BSC or Post-Secondary diploma in a related field preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing, Test, repair center environment
- Knowledge of workplace safety and safe lifting and handling procedures
- Ability to operate required equipment in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills
- Time management skills and meet the deadlines
- Ability to read electrical schematics, blueprints, and other technical diagrams
- Critical eye for identifying defects
- Commitment to quality and safety
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current.
- Respect diversity - treat others with respect.
- Avoid unnecessary conflict.
- Knowledge of appropriate materials, methods, and the tools required in various assembly processes.
- Strong working mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to readily determine the correct tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Ability to work overtime and flex time.
- Job requires ability to work with a variety of hand and power tools
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects of up to 42 lbs
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination
- Interacts with colleagues and management team
- Standing and sitting for long periods
- Your attitude is positive: you’re punctual, flexible, and adaptable
“We thank everyone who applies. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.”