Capital Markets - Analyst/Developer - Specialty-31476
|City:||40 King Street West Toronto, M5H 1H1 ON, Canada|
|Title:||Capital Markets - Analyst/Developer - Specialty-31476|
Location Address: Hybrid (2-3 days per week)
Contract Duration: 6 months
Pay Rate- $70- $77.19/hr.
Schedule Hours: 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday
Typical Day in Role:
• Development and support of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades.
• Conduct proof of concept on new technologies or solutions around Microservices.
• Participate in design discussions on scalability, performance, security, Microservices best practices.
• Take ownership and responsibility of development of products onboarding to the trading platform and be efficient with sizing and estimates for development.
• Proactively partners with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support business strategy.
• Participates as technical or business consultant in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new packaged solutions or significant enhancements to existing applications.
• Leverage industry best practices & writing clean minimalistic code.
• Generate technical specifications of design and updating confluence.
• Assure quality, security and compliance requirements are met for supported area
• Be flexible and thrive in an evolving environment to work with Quants and Traders.
• Adapt to change quickly and adjust work accordingly in a positive manner
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
1. 10+ years of service side development experience with Java, Spring, Hibernate, Spring Boot with an emphasis on REST services.
2. 3+ years’ Unix Oracle Stored Procedure experience.
3. 3+ years of experience with relational or NoSQL databases.
4. Excellent Computer Science Fundamentals; Object Oriented Design; Java Design Patterns;
5. Has Worked in an Agile Environment.
Nice to have Skills:
1. Python application (Django, Flask) development experience is an asset
2. Experience Microservices Architecture, Event Driven Architecture
5. Knowledge of capital markets and financial instruments
Soft Skills Required:
• Great communication skills – both oral and written
• Winning attitude
• Adaptable to a very dynamic environment
• Creative, self-starting, results-oriented, highly motivated
• High attention to detail
• Excellent problem-solving skills.
• Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment
Best vs Average: Seeking a senior Core Java developer. If they have a background working in both the front and back end, this would be a great asset.
Education: Post - secondary
Staffmax Staffing & Recruiting