Staffmax Staffing has teamed up with our clients to hire an experienced Carpenter
to join their team for construction projects.
The Carpenter will work at various project sites to complete rough carpentry tasks and assists the Construction Supervisor in maintaining the company’s quality standards.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Experience:
- The Carpenter constructs, erects, installs, maintains and repairs structures and components of structures made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials.
- Read and interpret shop drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements.
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools.
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials.
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring, erect walls and roof systems.
- Build and install backings, roof parapets, safety railings, concrete forms.
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware.
- Supervise apprentices and other construction workers from time to time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a 3-4 year apprenticeship program or a combination of over 4 years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in carpentry.
- Physical ability to climb, bend, squat, lift up to 50lbs, push, pull, carry, cut, hammer, use power and hand tools.
- Ability to read, interpret and action written plans and instructions.
- Effective verbal communication.
- Knowledge of safe work procedures.
We thank all who apply but only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- $28-$32/hour (DOQ)
- OT Pay
- Paid Vacation
- Health Benefits