Staffmax is looking for "Data Center Infrastructure Engineer" located in "Markham, ON". Moreover, It's a hybrid job.
The candidate will be responsible to define and implement industry standard best practices. The candidate should be self-driven and possess good analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Solid understanding datacenter computing and storage platforms.
- General understanding of backup and disaster recovery technologies
- Interpreting and maintaining system documentation
- Effectively communicate technical issues and proposed solutions to key management staff.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of datacenter technologies.
- Sets up, configures, and tests Azure, AWS infrastructure components (server, storage, network, data, applications)
- Troubleshoots, maintains, upgrades, works with vendors to provide solutions for complex incidents and problems;
- Identifies potential challenges that may impact clients and proactively formulate responses and solutions.
- Delivers complex technical solutions including planning, development, implementation, installation, upgrades, and support to client’s cloud infrastructure.
- Configures and monitors backup & restore processes for clients.
- Meets and manages customer SLAs updates while communicating issues and concerns.
Education & Skills:
- A Post-Secondary degree or diploma specializing in Engineering, Computer Science, Software, Hardware, Networking, or IT;
- A minimum of four (4) years of experience in a similar role.
We thank everyone who applies. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- AWS and Azure infrastructure components: server, storage, network, data, and applications;
- Infrastructure Architecture: Active Directory, Backup Networking, Compute, Capacity Planning;
- AWS and Azure services such as deployment, provisioning and life cycle management: AWS and Azure VMs, Storage, Network, SQL database, Website, Network, etc.
- AWS and Azure IAAS service and components: AWS and Azure VM, Storage, Networking, Database
- Good experience in AWS and Azure lift and shift migrations: VMware, Hyper-V, Physical servers, and Other Clouds.
- Strong knowledge on Storage Provisioning - Storage Allocation, Reclamation, Expansion
- Strong knowledge on Storage Migrations & Replications, SAN firmware upgrades, SAN Switches Zoning Activities
- Strong knowledge on EMC/NetApp storages and Backups
- Data centre Support & Services;
- Cloud Native monitoring tools within AWS and Azure;
- Troubleshooting Virtual Machine backup related issues;
- Technical and Process SOPs creation for partner/clients;
- Best practice ITIL, ITSM, and ISO27000 implementations and processes.