Staffmax Staffing and Recruiting is pleased to assist our newest client Robinson Lighting to find a Director of Operations and Finance
Pay and Perks:
• $90-110k expected salary including bonus
• Monday- Friday occasional weekends as needed
• Profit Sharing
• Pension 5% match after 6 months
• Fitness reimbursement up to $150 yr
• Tuition reimbursement related to the position
• Social club
• Vacation 3 weeks, Sick days accumulated
As a key member of the executive management team, the Director of Finance & Operations will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. Overseeing and spearheading business and financial operations to ensure efficiency and a smooth workflow.
The Director of Finance and Operations primary responsibility will be to identify the best practices to improve operations and to optimize profitability through the development of operational planning and execution to deliver service excellence.
• Work with the owners to develop and implement the strategic plan to advance company objectives, including promoting revenue, profitability, and organizational growth.
• Direct the development and execution of the company’s operations to maximize and ensure profitability, efficiency, quality, and cost-effective management of our various locations.
• Assist Branch Managers in providing information and general finance/operations support.
• Support Branch Managers in business development within the various sectors in all markets.
• Ensure company operational procedures, policies and standards are met.
• Administer leases and contracts for buildings, office equipment and suite agreements to ensure any renovations or purchases are within budget.
• Prepare the annual budgets and monitor expenditures and variances throughout the year and proactively update income and expense projections.
• Review reports and financial statements for ownership monthly to determine progress, and status in attaining objectives and revise with current conditions.
• Manage the annual audit process and serve as the primary liaison with audit firm.
• Partner and collaborate with Owners, Branch Managers, Marketing, Human Resources, and Sourcing Manager to develop strategic and long-range business plans.
• Monitors banking requirements and obligations and acts as senior lender liaison.
• Ensures adequate cash flow to meet the organization’s needs.
• Ensures inventories and accounts receivable are meeting company goals and targets.
• Represents the company as required with industry, clients and suppliers.
• Post-secondary education required preferably a business degree, commerce or equivalent is strongly preferred
• Minimum of 5 years of management experience with multi-branch responsibilities across multiple territories
• Strong business mindset
• Strong analytical, decision-making, project planning skills
• Ability to work collaboratively with staff to create a results-driven, team-oriented environment
• Good understanding of accounting, reporting, and compliance standards
• Lighting would be an asset
• Willing and able to travel quarterly to BC and Minneapolis
• Epicor software a strong asset
We thank everyone who applies, please do not approach our client as this will lead to your candidacy being eliminated from the search.