Staffmax Staffing and Recruiting is currently seeking a Purchaser with Strong Estimating skills. This role is working within a machine shop in Winnipeg and on a bus route.
Wage/Benefits and Perks:
- $40-55,000 may go higher depending on experience
- Health and Dental
- Profit sharing
- Pension plan 3% to start
- Shop hours: 7-5pm, your 8 hours are flexible within this range
- Modern office and computers. Moving into ERP system in the near future
This Estimator/Purchaser duties include:
- Prepare estimates, read blue prints and other vendor documentation.
- Review customer requirements to ensure a fit with company’s operational capacity
- Gathers all information required from customer including any industry regulatory requirements.
- Calculate the cost of material required
- Works with GM on planning the labour and machine operations required
- Procure and place P. O’s for materials for the organization in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Coordinate all purchases with inventory to ensure rapid delivery and reception of materials required
- Receive and handle invoices from vendors; verify that the information on invoices is for agreed-upon prices, products, shipment date, and shipping method.
- Insure all invoices are applied to proper work orders or other departments.
- Remain abreast of pricing trends, changes, restrictions, or any other variables that could affect purchasing strategies.
- Advise GM of lead time required to obtain materials required.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies using diplomacy and tact with vendors and suppliers
- Make recommendations and suggest options to Operations Manager regarding expected or unexpected material shortages.
- Negotiate return of items to vendors and coordinate subsequent credits, refunds, or replacements.
- Make alternate arrangements in the event of shortages or delayed deliveries to minimize impact on the organization.
- Degree in material management, business, or administration or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a purchaser.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as an estimator
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and finance management
- Proficiency with MS office software with excellent data entry skills
We thank everyone who applies, only those with the experience will be contacted.