Head Housekeeper- Overnight
|City:||18 Elm Street, 5th Floor Toronto, M5G 1G7 ON, Canada|
|Title:||Head Housekeeper- Overnight|
|Category:||Labour, Warehouse & Skilled Trades|
Staffmax is hiring Head Housekeeper for our client in Toronto. This is a temporary to permanent position.
Housekeeper is responsible for the general cleaning, requisitions and identifying needs for the upkeep of the building in the areas of heavy-duty cleaning, Pool maintenance and light duty repairs.
Location: Toronto, ON
Salary increases and benefits are after probation.
Shift- Overnight Shift
· Oversee the smooth operation of the Cleaning Department which involves carpet cleaning, vent cleaning, dusting, washroom cleaning, mopping, heavy duty repairs, scrubbing machines, and pool maintenance.
· Ensure all areas of the building are kept clean in a timely manner; this includes changing rooms, showers, steam rooms and lunchrooms.
· Become familiarized with and gain general knowledge of the building and its areas.
· Oversee heavy cleaning including the scrubbing of walls, showers, and floors.
· Performs inspections on each floor upon arrival ensuring all outside doors are secure and report security concerns immediately to the Property Manager.
· A keen eye with attention to detail and special care is imperative while cleaning in the Spa areas.
· Performs inspections of each floor before leaving ensuring all outside doors are secure and lights are turned off.
· Oversee and maintain pool, cleaning of whirlpools and maintenance schedules.
· Report any issues requiring maintenance attention to the Property Manager at the end of each shift.
· Ensure all garbage is removed from all floors of the complex and placed in the garbage area on a nightly basis.
· Ensure garbage is placed out on the street as per schedule.
· Make appropriate recommendations where required to the Property manager, regarding extension of probation, problem resolution and/or dismissal and participate in same.
· In conjunction with the Property manager, conduct performance reviews with new and current employees – extending probation where required and make recommendations regarding annual salary reviews for all direct reports.
· Address staff concerns and issues and communicate these to the Property manager.
· Assist the Property Manager with scheduling and payroll, ensuring that labor hours are within the assigned budget.
· Submit all lost and found items to the Manager on Duty
· Lock the building and arm the security system at the end of each shift or as required.
· Maintain confidentiality with anyone other than authorized personnel.
· Assist with other duties as reasonably assigned from time to time.
· Secondary education or equivalent.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in this field of work.
· Minimum 1 or more years of supervisory experience.
· Must have general knowledge of cleaning, equipment, and floor care products.
· Bondable & trustworthy.
· Always carry a pager while on duty.
· Ability to work on a flexible schedule: days, evenings, and weekends.
· Punctual and committed to work schedules.
Working Conditions and Physical/Mental Effort:
· Must have the ability to stand for long periods of time (7 or more hours at a time at a time).
· Works within a building where the oils are infused into the air (to stimulate senses pertaining to a delightful spa experience).
· Ability to lift from floor to waist and pull/push more than 30 kg.
· Continuous wearing of protective equipment (gloves).
· Continuous walking.
· Occasional lifting from floor to waist and waist to shoulder (60% of the time).
We thank all those who applied for this position however only the selected candidates will be contacted
Staffmax Staffing & Recruiting