Helpdesk / Technical Support
|City:||40 King Street West Toronto, M5H 1H1 ON, Canada|
|Title:||Helpdesk / Technical Support|
Location: 2201 Eglinton Ave East Ecosystem 2 days onsite per month
Contract Duration: 6 months
Extension: Yes, possibility of extension
FTE: Possible (based on performance + vacancy)
Number of Positions: 1
Schedule Hours: Monday Friday – Either 9:30 am 5:30 pm or 10:30-6:30 pm, late shift rotation every 6 weeks - 12 pm - 8 pm shift
Pay rate is $22.50
Business group: CS&S Technical Support Help Desk
Reason for request: vacancies/short staffed
The main function of a technical help desk specialist is to provide technical assistance to computer system users. A typical technical help desk specialist is responsible for answering questions or resolving computer problems for clients in person, via telephone or from a remote location.
Candidate Value Proposition:
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work hybrid where they are only asked out come in 2x a month. Team provides wide range of support and opportunity for growth.
Typical Day in Role:
- Answer user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems, typically of a lower - high complexity level
- Troubleshooting customer concerns over inbound phone calls
- Enter commands and observe system functioning to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Maintain records of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial actions taken, or installation activities.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, or conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
• Fluent English/Spanish- Mandatory (no exceptions) -
• 1-2 Years Customer Service Experience
• 1-3 years of browser troubleshooting practices
• Knowledge of computer software, such as configuration management software, desktop communications software, operating system software.
Nice to Have
- Previous Help Desk or Contact Center experience
-Technical Help Desk Experience
• Strong Verbal and written communication skills,
• problem solving skills,
• customer service
• empathy, finesse and interpersonal skills.
•High ability to work independently and manage one’s time.
College/University in related field preferred but not required
Staffmax Staffing & Recruiting