Staffmax is pleased to be apart of the hiring of our clients need for a Human Resources Manager. Contract/temporary to hire
If you are committed to recruiting top-talent and providing our clients staff members with an exceptional work experience. From the moment of hire until the time they leave the organization, we want employees to be engaged in their jobs.
- Manages talent acquisition process, including sourcing, testing, interviewing, hiring and onboarding
- Keeps job descriptions up-to-date, accurate and compliant with relevant laws for all positions
- Develops training and performance management programs that ensures all employees are familiar with their job responsibilities, as well as relevant legal and safety requirements
- Handles resolution of employee issues, concerns and conflicts
- Experience with creating a culture of engagement, collaboration and teamwork
- Capable of compiling and analyzing employment data to guide strategic planning
- A strong commitment to diversity management with a focus of hiring First Nations
- Ability to identify developmental needs of employees and to provide coaching, mentoring, and other help.
- Knowledge of principles, theories, and techniques related to job classification, job analysis, job descriptions and compensation.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Able to work efficiently as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Works with executive team to negotiate contracts with various insurance carriers to obtain cost effective, maximum coverage for employees
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma or certificate/CPHR in Human Resources plus 5 years experience in HR related role
- Demonstrated effectiveness in written and verbal communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Demonstrated knowledge of First Nations cultures and traditions a strong asset
- Valid Manitoba driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle are required for travel within the city and surrounding community. Strong asset
- Understanding of Child and Family services, act and standards a strong asset
- Criminal Records Check and Child Abuse Registry Check
- Union experience a strong asset
As a temporary contractor you will receive $29.98 per hour, if hired permanent the wage range is $60-73,400 for a 37.5 hour day plus vacation pay
If you are interested in this position please send confidential resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a strong cover-letter