Staffmax Staffing is currently hiring Journeyman Heavy Duty Trailer/Tractor Mechanics to join our clients' team in Mississauga, ON.
Reporting to the Maintenance Foreman, this position is responsible for all types of routine maintenance on our Tractor fleet.
- Perform preventative maintenance checks and servicing
- Complete electrical, interior, air brake system, tire, body repairs and welding as required
- Facilitate safety inspections
- Repair/replace equipment when appropriate
- Assess equipment to see if they require to be sent out for repair
- Recognize and report faults or malfunctions on all company equipment
- Coordinate with other maintenance staff and the terminal to determine priorities for equipment repair
- Red Seal or Journeyman certification required.
- High school diploma with minimum of 2 years’ working experience
- Basic set of hand tools required
- Organizational, Interpersonal, and communication skills
- Strong work ethic, to work independently and within team
- A wide array of knowledge and experience with tools
- Familiar with the latest vehicle diagnostic equipment
- Experience in preventative maintenance including electrical, interior, air brake, tire, and body maintenance
- Extended health care for you and your family
- Educational support
- Cost of living increase
- Profit sharing program
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement packages (Matched pension, RRSP, Stock Option)
- Flexible shift and work/life balance
We thank all applications but only the shortlisted will be contacted.