Staffmax is hiring for Lane Closure Technician in
Kamloops, BC. This is a contract position for 6 months.
Pay Rate- $30/hr + Benefits .
Drug Test required Paid by Client
Purpose of the role:
- Conducting traffic control around cities, construction sites, and major events.
- Lane Closure Technicians set up and take down safe lane closures and traffic detours with physical setup and removal of devices such as barricades, pylons, signage and digital messaging boards.
- Operating company vehicles daily to travel to and from job sites
- Loading/Unloading Trucks by hand
- Performing Lane closures
- Installing VMS (Visual message system) trailers
- Installing arrow board trailers
- Pulling and installing ball hitch trailers
- Performing Road Closures
- Setting up and taking down Traffic Splits
- Performing sit down Traffic Control
- Delivery and Pickup of products and materials
- Operating an automated flagging device (AFAD)
- Setting up and taking down Double Line Control
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean 3-year Regular Driver Record from ICBC or equivalent.
- A valid BC Traffic Control Person (TCP) ticket from the BCCSA or WorkSafe BC.
- Own method of transportation to get to and from work is preferred.
- As this is a safety-sensitive position, all employees must undergo and pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol screening. This includes use of medical or recreational marijuana. company has a zero tolerance policy in place for safety-sensitive positions.
- Ability to successfully pass a Fit Test including lifting 50 pounds.
Minimum of 1 year of Traffic Control Technician (TCT) experience required.
Physical Demand Requirements:
We thank all those who apply; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Lifting of windmasters (~30 pounds)
- Lifting Tri-pod stands (~5 pounds)
- Lifting 36” traffic cones (8-11 pounds each; generally lifted in piles of 3 or less)
- Lifting of highway barrels (average 30 pounds each)
- Lifting materials and equipment on and off trucks which require lifting to around chest height to place in a truck box.
- Climbing on truck deck when necessary to adjust loads etc.
- Must be able to stand for up to 4 hours at a time (e.g. when flagging).