Staffmax Staffing & Recruiting has partnered with our clients to hire Licensed 310T Truck/Diesel Mechanics to join their continuously growing teams in their Halifax, NS facility.
Wage: starting at $32-38/hour + $3.00/hour shift premium
Schedule: Monday-Friday, Afternoon (3PM-11:30PM)
Extended Health Benefits
RRSP program with company match
Free uniforms and laundry service
Tool and boots allowance
Employee Assistance Program
Opportunity to Grow
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years experience on truck/tractor/trailer maintenance is required
- Must have Red Seal/Journeyman license for trucks/coaches/310T
- Valid driver's Class D or Class 3 license with air brake certification required or ability to obtain it within 6 months of being hired
- Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, diagnostic equipment, hand and power tools) required
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials)
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brake, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment. Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Application must include a copy of trade certificate/ticket, list of equipment type you have working experience on, and 2 references of former supervisor/employers (names/phone/email).
We thank all who apply but only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted