****MUST BE CMLTO REGISTERED*****
Staffmax is seeking a motivated, quality-driven, Medical Laboratory Technologist to join our client's team in Toronto. This is a full-time, 6 months position.
Job Type: Full-time, Contract
9 AM – 5 PM $ 30-35/hr Full Time – 6 months Contract
Free Parking available
Qualifications and key requirements:
- Responsible for carrying out work activities related to COVID-19 testing including semi-automated RNA extractions and RT-PCR; ensure all duties and responsibilities are prioritized and handled with accuracy and efficiency providing quality results.
- Perform, interpret, and release RT-PCR results following Policies and Procedures as documented.
- Identify incidents and non-conformances, participate in developing effective corrective action plans, and escalates as appropriate.
- Ensure the confidentiality of patient information.
- Use personal protective equipment (e.g. gloves, lab coats) as specified in EHS procedures.
- Ensure appropriate handling and inventory levels of laboratory supplies.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work environment.
- Maintain and demonstrate technical competence in molecular laboratory skills.
- Perform assigned diagnostic testing including Quality Control, Quality Assurance, equipment maintenance, proficiency testing, Quality Management.
- Manage the disposal of all laboratory waste as per policy.
- Maintain membership in good standing with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO).
- Experience with molecular lab techniques including working with micro pipets and microwell plates, use of RT-PCR instrumentation, and complex liquid handling systems an asset.
- Skilled with pipetting small volumes, complex reagent preparation, DNA/RNA extractions, calculating volumes and concentrations) an asset.