Staffmax Staffing & Recruiting has partnered with our clients to hire Journeyman 310T Truck/Trailer Mechanic to join their continuously growing team in their Stoney Creek, Ontario facility.
Wage: starting at $40-42/hour Signing Bonus: $5,000
Shift Premium: $3.00 Schedules: Afternoon shift Monday-Friday (3PM-11:30PM) Extended Health Benefits Dental Benefits Vision Benefits Paid Vacation RRSP program with company match Free uniforms and laundry service Tool and boots allowance Tuition reimbursement Employee Assistance Program Professional Training Opportunity to Grow Employee discounts
Qualifications & Experience:
- 5+ years experience on truck/tractor/trailer maintenance is required
- Must have Red Seal/Journeyman license for trucks/coaches/310T
- Valid driver's Class A-Z or Class 3 license with air brake certification required or ability to obtain it within 6 months of being hired
- Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, diagnostic equipment, hand and power tools) required
- Basic computer skills required
- Ability to work in non-climate controlled conditions required
- Specialized training and experience in the diagnosis/troubleshooting of major components (engines, transmissions, differentials)
- Willingness to travel as necessary within the district (customers yards, close geographical area and training sites)
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Perform all levels of preventive maintenance services
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Road test vehicles when necessary to diagnose malfunctions or to ensure that they are working properly.
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
- Use hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, welding equipment, and jacks and hoists.
- Inspect brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel bearings, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Perform routine maintenance such as changing oil, checking batteries, and lubricating equipment and machinery.
- Adjust and replace brake, tighten bolts and screws, and reassemble equipment. Raise trucks, buses, and heavy parts or equipment using hydraulic jacks or hoists.
- Inspect, test, and listen to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as handheld computers, motor analyzers, chassis charts, and pressure gauges.
- Examine and adjust protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Inspect and verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to factory specifications.
- Experience troubleshooting and repairing of major components such as engine, transmissions and differentials, to include replacing complete assemblies, turbochargers, fuel system components etc.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
We thank all who apply but only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.