Job Requirements (Principal Responsibilities)
- Through process excellence, the Site IT Specialist maintains computer equipment, software, and services designed to provide end-users reliable, dependable, and secure access to on-line applications, resources, and information.
- Work with external resources to support IT requirements. Examples of external resources: general IT resources providing support to TANCO and specialized consultants providing highly skilled support of plant PLCs or networking environment.
- To safeguard company assets within the department’s jurisdiction by adherence to Company’s Internal Control Policy.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills and Behaviours)
- Site IT maintenance and IT system user support (60%)
- Maintain PLCs programs and associated I/O devices (30%)
- Network administration, design & implementation (10%)
- Strong project and task management skills. Demonstrated ability to work with suppliers and others who are remote to the site.
- Familiarity with instrumentation and its applications within Schneider Unity Pro environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve moderately difficult problems, providing clear alternatives.
- Seeks to implement continuous improvement by defining specific measurable objectives.
- Ability to lead and participate in team/group discussions.
- Promotes team development.
- Excellent English verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Works and effectively communicates at all levels of the organization and across functional areas.
- Is a hands-on, self-starter who does not require direct supervision.
- Ability to motivate fellow workers to achieve continuous improvement.
- Five to seven years’ experience in a multi-location Microsoft server environment supporting servers and the user community.
- Current certification in Microsoft 365 Desktop Administration, Fundamentals or Messaging
- Certification or demonstrated experience with PLC or HMI platforms. Schneider preferred.
- Two plus years’ experience with local, wide area and industrial networking.
- Mining experience highly desirable