Staffmax Staffing and Recruiting is currently assisting our Aluminum, Galvanized and steel manufacturing and distribution Iconic Winnipeg home and business exterior products partner with an Operations Manager.
As our clients’ company grows and turns a new leaf from the ground up, they are looking at finding a hands-on Operations Manager for a team of 20-25
With your 8+ years of experience in transforming production and distribution areas by utilizing Lean, Value Mapping, and flow charts you will lead the company to amazing changes both in direction and leadership and revenue while overseeing manufacturing and distribution.
- Direct experience in transforming production and manufacturing areas including distribution
- Exceptional experience in implementing, managing, and sustaining Continuous Improvement processes (Operational Excellence).
- Strong sense of safety and lead employees to safe work practices
- Experience in Preventative Maintenance programs
- Sales and Operational Planning (S&OP) experience would be considered a strong asset.
- Able to identify key issues; creatively and strategically overcome internal challenges or obstacles
- Strong understanding of inventory control systems/Kanban
- Sales and Operational Planning/SOP experience
- Encourage teamwork, buy-in, and full participation of all take-offs, policies, performance and continuous improvement
- Establish and maintain the overall vision and direction for the implementation of the internal operations.
- Using continuous improvement principles and practices, oversee and coordinate all support and plant operations to efficiently use materials, labour and equipment to meet sales, operational and productivity targets. This includes inventory levels, purchasing, PM, QMS, Material flow/WIP, KPI reports
- In partnership with the leadership team, establish and maintain the overall vision and direction for the implementation of the internal operations.
- Participate in the development and implementation of new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve corporate performance.
- In collaboration with the General Manager, prepare and monitor operational budgets, including capital expenditures and implement corrective actions as necessary to meet budget.
- Analyzes and reports on the daily, monthly, and annually department’s key performance indicators and industry trends.
- Will be required to wear protective equipment in designated areas such as: hard hat, safety glasses, hearing protection and steel toed safety shoes.
- May be exposed to heat and humidity, loud noise levels and exposure to dust.
- Overtime as required
Compensation and Benefits:
- $85-95,000 DOQ, plus bonus plan 10-15% of sales, growth etc. to be looked at and discussed at offer stage with your input
- Health and Dental/Vision
We thank everyone for their interest in this highly sought-after position. If you are qualified and your resume/cover-letter states our requirements. You will be contacted for an interview.