Are you a professional in the Property Management industry who enjoys the responsibility and day-to-day leadership of managing a Residential property?
We are looking for an Assistant Property Manager/Community Manager for our client's property in the Calgary area.
Permanent Full Time position - 40 hours a week, additional hours for urgent matters
Salary range : to be negotiated
Bonus & Benefits
About the job:
- property consists of mostly residential with some commercial units
- lead and manage a team of 5 direct reports; property administrator, leasing consultant, administrative assistants, maintenance technicians, concierge staff members
About you :
- great Candidates will have property managerial experience and be a self starter; taking initiative and able to make decisions; provide solutions for problems rather than just presenting issues without recommendations for solution.
- Candidate must be people friendly and have a good idea of building operations; communication skills- written and oral; be comfortable making decisions.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Professionally and courteously handle all inquiries, feedback, complaints or concerns
- Maintain an overall focus on enhancing the customer experience
- Have monthly meetings with Leads (Leasing/Maintenance) to ensure that all staff are following policy and procedures
- Responsible and accountable for managing, training and mentoring site staff, service providers, and contractors
- Assist and oversee management of Capital Projects including distribution of notices, coordination, and resident updates
Marketing and Leasing:
- Maintain occupancy and rental income levels which comply with budgeted expectations
- Liaison with Leasing Lead to ensure productivity with leasing team
- Ensure all documentation is properly completed by staff/residents
- Ensure with staff all maintenance repairs are completed on a timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction and safety
- Coordinate with staff all month-end duties and responsibilities
- Review and evaluate repairs and maintenance requests to ensure they meet budget
- Liaison with Maintenance Manager to ensure all technicians are following health and safety and company policies
Administration and Reporting:
- Complete rent collection, Conduct random site inspections of buildings and suites
- Complete any reporting consistent with requirements of the property management contract
- Perform and document monthly site and vacant suite inspections
- Responsible for staffing needs and payroll processing
- 3-5 years of experience in a managerial role with a minimum of 3+ direct reports
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Completion of (or working towards) Property Management Designation
- Property Management/Real Estate experience an asset
- Must possess valid driver’s license and proof of insurance
- Must possess exceptional communication and interpersonal relationship skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of Yardi an asset and MS Office
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving, and follow-up is required
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people and interests while being culturally aware
- Possess knowledge of health and safety practices
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships
If interested please send your resume and cover letter.
We thank everyone who applies however only candidates being considered will be contacted.