We are hiring a Quality Control Technician for one of our clients in Mississauga. As the QC Technician, you will be responsible for carrying out routine repair and quality inspection of cellular products and will ensure that all products are inspected & processed against the approved standard operating procedures. You will assist the QC Manager & QC Specialist in executing overall QC activities. If this sounds like a fit for you we would love to hear from you!
Compensation: $19+/hr - depending on experience
- Assist QC Manager/QC specialist in approving incoming parts by reviewing specifications, conducting visual test, measurement tests and in rejecting/returning unacceptable products.
- Contribute in maintaining R2/ISO environment impact matrix and RISK register, review and update monthly or need basis. Ensure to address the medium to high risk areas and conduct reassessment to ensure the impact/risk is within acceptable level.
- Assist in verifying Supplier documents (Supplier confirmation letter, Packing list) as per ISO/R2 requirements.
- Contribute in maintaining Hazard Matrix – identify hazard areas, application of control measures, assessment and reassessment to ensure the hazard risk is within acceptable level.
- Contribute in maintaining Preventive Maintenance register- Record all the equipment and tools in use with the required manufacture manual and service details. Update periodically to ensure the data is up to date.
- Data Validation – Ensure data wipe as per NIST regulations and maintain data validation report on a monthly basis as per ISO/R2 requirements.
- Downstream Vendor – Assist in diverting non-functional focus material to downstream vendor and ensure they are being recycled.
- Assist QC Manager/QC Specialist in approving in-process production by reviewing specifications, conducting visual & measurement tests and quality control manager of changes that need to be made.
- Assist QC Manager/QC Specialist in approving finished products by confirming specifications, conducting visual test, measurement test. Repair failed products when repair is possible.
- Responsible for inspection of parts, calling for repairs, by following standard operating procedures.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations.
- Work in coordination with the QC Manager/QC Specialist in planning and prioritizing tasks in the department and accomplishing accordingly.
- Unlock incoming devices and diagnose, troubleshoot and repair as needed. Provide recommendations for resolving the technical issues.
- Provide recommendations for problem resolution
- Maintain accurate record of performed work, parts in Microsoft Excel or google spreadsheet, as advised by QC Manager/QC Specialist.
- Ensure that all repairs meet or exceed company quality standards and customer requirements. Attend meetings with customer to resolve quality related issues.
- Manage return products from customers and provide accurate judgment based on the condition of the received products
- Adhere to ISO/R2 standards
- Work under the supervision of QC Supervisor/QC Specialist to establish new production line for LCD refurbishment
- Update job knowledge by participating in training opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
We thank everyone who applies. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Min 2 years of relevant experience
- Degree or Diploma in related field
- Expert understanding of cellular products – devises, parts, accessories
- Experience of working with Android and Apple operating systems