We are hiring a Quality Control Manager for one of our clients in Mississauga. As the QC Manager, you will be responsible for leading, directing and maintaining the Quality Check (QC) department to ensure product quality standards. You will liaise with other departments to ensure that all products are defect free, compliant with technical specifications and Quality standard in line with ISO/R2 standards. If this sounds like a fit for you we would love to hear from you!
Compensation: $50,000 – $ 70,000 + Benefits
- Oversee and monitor the inspection of cellular devices, parts, accessories to ensure adherence to established quality standards.
- Track and address non-conformances promptly and efficiently. Provide internal corrective action reports to ensure mitigation of errors.
- Maintain R2/ISO environment impact matrix and RISK register, review and update monthly or need basis. Ensure to address the medium to high risk areas and conduct reassessment to ensure the impact/risk is within acceptable level.
- Verify Supplier documents (Supplier confirmation letter, Packing list) as per ISO/R2 requirements.
- Coordinate with Warehouse Manager in maintaining Hazard Matrix – identify hazard areas, application of control measures, assessment and reassessment to ensure the hazard risk is within acceptable level.
- Coordinate with Warehouse Manager in maintaining Preventive Maintenance register- Record all the equipment and tools in use with the required manufacture manual and service details. Update periodically to ensure the data is up to date.
- Data Validation – Ensure data wipe as per NIST regulations and maintain data validation report on a monthly basis as per ISO/R2 requirements.
- Develop and implement changes in quality process based on inspection results and customer feedback and quality standards.
- Review and prepare test reports for incoming and outgoing shipments. Ensure adherence of all QC processes with the approved company QC SOPs
- Work closely with the Warehouse team to ensure all processing, packaging, shipping, and labelling practices are in line with internal company quality standards.
- Conduct periodic checks of incoming and outgoing products to ensure quality standards are maintained. Prepare a report with the feedback for management review.
- Work with internal teams and ensure compliance with the QC standards and adherence to the documentation requirements for incoming/outgoing products
- Establish new production line for LCD refurbishment.
- Communicate customer requirements/feedback to QC technicians to ensure that their work fulfills customer requirements in every respect.
- Manage customer returns.
- Downstream Vendor – Divert non-functional focus material to downstream vendor and ensure they are being recycled.
- Train, coach, mentor the team on company Quality Standard processes and ensure they comply in day today QC operations.
- Identify product/packaging non-conformances, investigate, communicate non-conformance information to relevant departments, provide documentation/reports, and ensure necessary measures are taken for compliance.
- Maintain Investigation Action Report (IAR) as needed
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and repair devices. Verify daily failure reports and discuss issues with the management to resolve the same.
- Review quality of work performed by staff through live monitoring. Set daily Priorities for team based on requirements along with achieving daily tasks.
- Track performance at department and individual level and provide qualitative and quantitative reports for management review and decision making.
- Identify training needs for QC team and coordinate with HR department to plan and execute trainings as needed.
We thank everyone who applies. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- 8-10 years Cellular industry experience
- Degree in Engineering Science
- Progressive Quality Management experience
- Professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Sound knowledge of Android and Apple operating systems
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills