Staffmax Staffing has partnered with one of our international clients company to hire an experiences Robotics & Automation Technician
to join their growing team in Winnipeg, MB.
Schedule: Mon-Fri - 7AM-3:30PM or 8AM-4:30PM shift
- Extended Health Care
- Vision Care
- Dental Care
- RRSP Contribution
- Paid Vacation
Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Automation Technician is responsible for implementing, troubleshooting, and maintaining all automation equipment including, robotics and controls programming. This includes general maintenance of facilities and production equipment ensuring all equipment is operating at peak efficiencies.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of Mitsubishi, Allen Bradley, ABB, Siemens programing and hardware systems.
- Experience and capability of modifying and writing PLC code for various programs.
- Knowledge of Siemens programing including SIMATIC STEP 7 (TIA Portal) software.
- Hands on technical skills with respect to Mechanical Assemblies, Machine Repair, Electrical Systems, Hydraulic Systems, Pneumatic Systems, PLC based control and logic systems.
- Proficiency in a variety of CAD platforms including AutoCAD Electrical.
- Strong inter-personal and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to keep organized and self-driven to continually learn electrical technology.
- Complete all tasks with safe work practices.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance and unscheduled maintenance on electrical, electronic, and automated equipment in a timely manner.
- Provide training and guidance to maintenance personnel related to all facets of the automated facilities equipment.
- Work with others to understand the needs of production and develop a plan to implement and update PLC’s and software programming as needed.
- Assist in developing preventative maintenance strategies and identify areas of improvement as related to all automated equipment.
- Provide a complete inventory control of specialized and automated parts/equipment to ensure the production lines uptime efficiencies.
- Design and test systems for hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical systems.
- Full design and implementation of PLC programing for all facility equipment.
- Assist in troubleshooting electrical equipment for all plant equipment operations.
- Ability to understand electrical schematics.
- Repair and calibrate sensors, transmitters, PLC’s, to manufactures specifications.
- Be available for call backs to assist production automation and electrical needs.
- Maintain the facility network servers and back up systems.
- Assist in computer and network hardware maintenance.
- Responsible for keeping current on company communications.
- Utilize maintenance CMMS for work orders, maintenance, and inventory requirements.
- Assist others in maintenance planned tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
We thank all applicants but only the qualified candidates will be contacted.