Senior Software Engineer, Android
$ 150,000 – 160,000 + Benefits
The successful candidate will create and maintain Android applications that enhance safety and real-time communication among front line Firefighters and other first responders, and will be expected to:
- Start with and proactively maintain full knowledge of the Android Platform
- Contribute to design/brainstorming sessions with
- deep understanding of available methods on the Android Platform,
- ability to communicate the pros/cons of the available methods, and limitations of the Android Platform
- educated recommendations on how best to meet objectives
- Efficiently implement and maintain applications deployed on Android devices.
- Ensure Consistency, mitigate duplication, and maximize the reuse of code both among Android applications as well as code that is shared with other platforms such as the web, Windows, iOS, and servers.
- Be responsible for the design, development, automated testing, and delivery of a suite of Android applications.
- Work with other teams responsible for the shared components used by the Android applications.
- 4 years of software development experience
- 3 years of writing Android applications
- 2 years of Kotlin programming experience
- 3 years of experience with large-scale enterprise consumer-facing Android applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- SPA (Single Page Application) development
- This is a full-time salaried position. You must be eligible to work in the USA or Canada without a visa or visa renewal. No visas will be sponsored.
COMPENSATION AND ADDITIONAL BENEFITS
- Competitive full-time salary is dependent upon skills/experience plus health, dental, vision, vacation package, flexible working hours, flexible workspace, and ample opportunity for advancement.
We thank everyone who applied. Only those selected will be contacted for this role.