Staffmax is working with our client in the St. Boniface Industrial Park to hire an experienced Shear Operator/Forklift operator!
Position: Shear Operator/ FL operator
$ 17-hour Dependant on Experience
Temporary to permanent hire
We are currently seeking a skilled and dedicated Seasonal Shear Operator/Forklift operator to join our team.
Safe operation of our Roper Whitney electric shear, handling various materials, and maintaining accurate inventory counts. Join our team and enjoy the excitement of working in a dynamic and energetic environment where excellence, strong relationships, and team spirit are highly valued.
- Drive a Forklift as needed
- Operate the Roper Whitney electric shear with precision and adherence to properly trained processes, ensuring the highest standards of safety at all times.
- Handle 4x10 sheets of light to medium gauge steel and aluminum, employing effective techniques to maintain material integrity and personal safety.
- Utilize accuracy in measuring and calculating material usage based on provided production sheets, maximizing efficiency and minimizing waste.
- Apply trained processes to handle materials safely and carefully, avoiding any damage to the materials or potential harm to oneself.
- Track the usage of each color and gauge of material on a job-by-job basis to maintain accurate inventory counts and facilitate timely restocking.
- Possess forklift experience, as it would be a valuable asset to assist with various material handling tasks. We are committed to licensing the successful candidate for forklift operation.
- Thrive in our fun and energetic work environment, where dedication to excellence, building strong relationships, and fostering team spirit are paramount.
- Demonstrate alignment with our core values, which will serve as a filtering mechanism in the selection of a successful candidate.
- Forklift experience
- Previous experience operating an electric shear, preferably with experience on the Roper Whitney model.
- Proficiency in handling 4x10 sheets of light to medium gauge steel and aluminum, showcasing physical dexterity and strength.
- Excellent mathematical and measurement skills to accurately calculate material usage and minimize waste.
- Strong commitment to safety, following trained processes to handle materials with care and prevent any damage or harm.
- Proven track record of meticulously tracking material usage and maintaining accurate inventory counts.
- Forklift experience is highly desired, and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to obtain a forklift license through our company.
- Positive attitude, thriving in a fast-paced, energetic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to foster strong relationships with team members and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated alignment with our core values, which include [list core values here], showcasing a commitment to upholding these principles in the workplace.
Join our team today and become an integral part of our seasonal operations. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to our success in shear operations and inventory management. Apply now to join our dedicated and enthusiastic team and make a lasting impact!
Does this sound like a fit for you? Apply Today!
At Staffmax, our sole focus is the recruitment and placement of the most talented and qualified candidates. Whether candidates are looking for a permanent career change or the flexibility and experience that can be gained from contract assignments, we can help. Our goal is to get to know our candidates personal and change lives. Staffmax is proud to recruit a workforce that reflects the diversity that Canada has to offer. We encourage candidates who are Indigenous, visible minorities, people with disabilities, and any others who reflect our diverse workforce to self-declare and apply.
We thank every one of you who applies, however only those we choose to interview will be contacted.