|City:||111 Gordon Baker Road , Suite #300 Toronto, M2H 3R1 Ontario, Canada|
We are seeking a Shipping & Receiving Associate to join Operations team. This is a permanent, full-time position located in North York. In this role, you will be reporting to the Production Manager. You will be responsible for all incoming and outgoing material related documentation, its packaging and associate BOM & shipping cost.
Location: North York, ON
• Maintain accurate records of inventory movements.
• Assume receiving, packing, inspection, shipping, and inventory control duties.
• Determine best shipment methods and prepare shipping documents, bills, and invoices.
• Assemble shipping containers, pack goods to be shipped and prepare identifying information and shipping instructions.
• Track shipments and resolve customer delivery related issues as required.
• Unpack, inspect, and verify incoming goods against invoices and other documents, document shortages and reject non-compliant or damaged goods.
• Assist drivers in unloading goods and route to appropriate areas.
• Lead the movement of inventory from initial receipt to production shipments.
• Kit material for manufacturing work orders and record using ERP system.
• Receives, unloads and transports freight both manually and with a trolley.
• Checks for damaged goods, Verifies quantity and quality of order.
• Verifies items received against purchase order.
• Receives material using internal MRP system, Labels materials and releases to production.
• Prepares shipping documents (BOL, Packing List’s, and Customs Invoices) using internal MRP system.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Diploma in Logistics, Supply chain/Inventory or relevant field.
2+ years experience in a related field.
• Knowledge of shipping and customs documentation.
• Experience working within an ERP driven environment.
• Strong MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
• Well-organized and resourceful.
• Knowledge of shipping procedures for transportation of dangerous goods is an asset.
• You have a great work ethic and housekeeping habits.
• You have strong interpersonal skills and are comfortable communicating with internal and external contacts
• You’re able to prioritize work activities based upon financial impact to desired business goals.
• You are proficient with computer applications.
• Your attitude is positive: you’re punctual, flexible and adaptable
• Access to vehicle with a valid driving license.
Staffmax Staffing & Recruiting