Staffmax Staffing and Recruiting is hiring for Traffic Control Manager in Ottawa.
Join our client and become a crucial part of our team as a Traffic Control Manager in Ottawa!
Compensation and perks:
- New to the market, work from home and in the field till launch in the marketplace takes hold.
- Company has offices across Canada
What you will be doing:
- Earn a highly competitive salary of $95,000++ and more (depending on experience) plus an array of fantastic benefits.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including 100% employer-paid benefits, $500 health spending account, 3% match RSP Plan, cell phone, company truck to take home nightly, PPE all paid for and gas card.
- Relocation package available
- Overtime Availability
Must Haves to be Successful:
- Take charge of the day-to-day operations and growth of the lane closure, dispatch, and rental departments.
- Collaborate with the OSS Traffic Control Supervisor to ensure seamless communication between the office and field activities.
- Liaise with Sales, Estimating & Solutions team for quoting, drafting, and projects, fostering a collaborative work environment.
- Stay informed about daily activities and events through continuous monitoring of the traffic control schedule.
- Ensure the field crew receives appropriate training and maintains certifications for enhanced efficiency.
- Delegate assignments to dispatch, coordinator, traffic control supervisor, and field staff to optimize operations.
- Stay updated on industry changes through participation in seminars, meetings, and training sessions.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed to corporate standards and submitted in a timely manner.
- Hire and maintain a cohesive, well-trained team, promoting their professional growth.
- Provide cross-training opportunities for staff and actively participate in enhancing their skills.
- Promote a safety-conscious work environment and actively encourage safe work habits.
- Maintain relevant certifications and licenses, including A.T.S.S.A. certification or equivalent and a valid class 5 driving license.
- Possess physical fitness and occasional ability to lift up to 75 lbs to fulfill job requirements effectively.
- Travel to other branches for work or training, providing opportunities for growth and development. Move quickly into an Assistant or Branch Manager role
- Adhere to the safety program fully, including passing a drug/alcohol test, ensuring a safe work environment.
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite and other relevant software for efficient operations.
- Showcase completion of the LEAN course, emphasizing a commitment to continuous improvement. Paid by Company
- Bring about 5 to 10 years of direct temporary traffic control and leadership experience to the role.
- Strong Leadership: Demonstrate a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience, leading teams to success.
Don't miss out on this opportunity
We thank all those who apply; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.