Staffmax Staffing is helping our clients in the Heavy-Duty Equipment industry to immediately hire a Journeyperson Turck/HD Equipment Mechanic
for their shop in Calgary, AB.
The Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic will utilize his/her mechanical expertise to support the needs of the shop in a professional, safe and timely manner. An individual in this position will work to keep all equipment in top running condition through an effective preventative maintenance program. This individual is a master technician and assumes a leadership role of product knowledge and standard of quality within the shop.
- Develop and maintain a consistent schedule of performing preventative maintenance of all company-owned fleet of equipment at the branch.
- Operate and test equipment to ensure it passes Company's quality and efficiency standards
- Perform routine maintenance and repairs on all Company fleet equipment and trucks independently
- Diagnose internal combustion engines, DC electrical systems, propane systems, hydraulics, and fuel systems
- Perform major repairs to maintain fleet equipment using diagnostic tools, hand tools, and measuring instruments independently
- Conduct oil changes, lubrication of equipment, tire replacements, hose repairs, battery replacements and assorted services
- Assist shop lead with customer damage estimates and repairs
- Enter and review work orders and complete part ordering via fleet management system
- Recondition and replace assorted parts of the heavy equipment
- Diagnoses problem areas for any significant wear or tear on the equipment
- Take service calls when shop lead is absent and dispatch Field Service Mechanic to ensure repairs are completed in a timely and efficient fashion
- Maintain work area in a clean and organized manner
- Produce timely and detailed service reports and repair logs
- Assist in training “C” and “B” Mechanics while taking direction from the shop lead
- Follow all company’s filed procedures and protocols
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- Journeyman Ticket
- Must have Journeyman Ticket in Heavy Duty
- Must have at least 3-year hands on experience of Heavy Equipment
- Ability to work constructively under pressure
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrates initiative and strong organizational skills
- Exceptional communication skills while maintaining a professional customer service focused attitude
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
: $42-$45/hour (DOQ)
: 100% Company-paid All Comprehensive Coverage.
We thank all applicants but only the qualified candidates will be contacted.