Vice President, Projects & Development
|City:||50 Fennell Ave E Hamilton, L8V 4S9 ON, Canada|
|Title:||Vice President, Projects & Development|
Staffmax has teamed up with our Hamilton, ON area clients in the new homes construction industry to hire a Vice President of Projects & Development whose main focus will be to manage the PDS team and the planning and execution of mixed-use developments following successful acquisition of site/project. The incumbent will manage a variety of internal and external stakeholders and will bring confidence, professionalism, and a business-minded approach to every interaction. You will ensure maximum efficiency and increased profitability, monitor the construction operations and adherence to health and safety, environmental and labour policies, procedures, and legislation. This position has complete accountability and direction for entire project, from the pre-construction phase to completion.
Reporting to the President, this position has direct supervisory responsibilities of the Project Executives & Directors.
Working closely with the President and Construction Director, you will develop and implement objectives and strategies in support of the company’s overall construction development goals. Responsibilities include but not limited to reviewing, analyzing, and interpreting monthly financial statements and construction Profit & Loss, performing market assessments, dealing with consulting staff and management to formulate and review annual business plans and capital budgets. This position will prepare and execute business development action plans for specific construction targets and provide clear communication to President and Construction Management team to achieve project goals, while driving the culture on the foundation of the Company core values and ensuring strict adherence to all ethics and compliance requirements.
· Overall project management of the projects including management of the General Contractor/ Construction Manager, subcontractors, planners, engineers, architects, and other consultants.
· Adhere to all legal authorities having jurisdiction to secure all legal paperwork and required building permits.
· Supervise the buildings registration process with all relevant stakeholders and partners.
· Lead regular project progress meetings (internal and external) during the design development phase and during construction.
· Monitoring equipment and materials utilization, as well as implementing and tracking controls for overhead expenses.
· Manage construction, and budget risks including creation of a risk mitigation strategy.
· Produce regular reports and updates for project stakeholders.
· Develop and sustain relationships with key City staff and other relevant partners.
· Attending industry trade association functions, conventions, and seminars to
· Administration of the Technical Audit obligations and Warranty issues.
· Actively participate in the development and execution of company long-term strategic plans
· Performing inspections to ensure overall divisional operations function in compliance with all health and safety and environmental regulatory requirements.
· Extensive experience managing both internal teams and external stakeholders.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, at all levels.
· Strong leadership and organizational skills with proven ability to coordinate cross-functional and remote teams.
· Great business acumen and passion for real estate development.
· Strategic thinker, result-oriented and problem solver.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline. (PMP designation is an asset.)
· Experience in the full real estate development cycle, including site analysis/selection, planning approvals, codes, real estate finance, project budgeting, valuation, evaluating site servicing requirements, assessing/managing community impacts, building/managing public/private sector partnerships, business planning, managing RFP processes and proposal review and selection, contract negotiation and construction management and controls.
· Multi-tasking skills, able to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meeting deadlines.
· 7+ years’ experience managing a variety of residential construction projects for the owner/developer, including management of design teams through production of working drawings, management of the general contractor through construction, delivery of the product to the customer, and on-going management of warranty programs.
· Proven success in relationship management with all stakeholders.
· Ability to formally present and explain detailed project plans to stakeholders.
· University degree and/or training in construction management engineering, land planning, or related field.
· Creative conflict resolution skills with variety of all stakeholders following company’s procedural guidelines.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel.Proficiency in applicable construction softwares
Staffmax Staffing & Recruiting
|Salary:||CAD 0.00 HOUR|