|City:||7500 ON-27 , Unit #9 Woodbridge, L4H 0J2 Ontario, Canada|
We are currently seeking 10 Wireless Technicians to join our client's team. Reporting to the Construction Manager the position of foreman shall organize and direct the project site work. You will be responsible to follow policies and procedures relating to the project site work. You will need to supervise, train, motivate and discipline the apprentices and field technicians. You will also need to guarantee good company relations with our customers.
Location: Woodbridge, ON
Term: Fulltime, Permanent
• Install & service wireless communication systems, rooftops, and various site types for major wireless carriers in Canada
• Climb towers at heights of up to 350ft to perform the safe installation of various components and hardware
• Antenna installation and alignments
• Cable termination and splicing
• Implement construction deliverables on a project-by-project basis, client submittals/checklists
• Knowledge of safe rigging practices
• Installation of antenna and transmission line systems on towers, roof-tops, and other structures
• Performing all general ground duties associated with tower construction and equipment shelter
• Run sweep test gear on lines and antennas
• Read and follow construction drawings or specialized methods of procedures to perform installation or maintenance on equipment or sites.
• Participate in daily tailboard safety meetings
• Experience managing crews and sub-contractors while maintaining safety and quality standards
• Experience specifically within the telecommunication industry.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (able to work closely with others for long periods of time)
• Must be comfortable working at heights.
• Must be in good physical condition with the ability to bend and lift 50 lbs.
• Must be available to travel
• Leadership qualities fortified with the ability to coach and delegate.
• Adherence to safety standards, a working knowledge of all safety & quality control requirements, fall protection practices, regulations, and procedures for crew
• First aid training
• Valid driver's license and driving record meeting the company policy conditions.
• Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word and Outlook)
• Proficient computer, communication, and organizational skills
Success in the Role
• Telecom troubleshooting experience preferred.
• Possess strong industry related skills, rigging, steel erection, line installation, antenna, and microware installation.
• Ability to interpret engineered drawings and knowledge of fibre and DC Drawings.
• Good physical condition and comfortable working at heights.
• Mechanically inclined.
• Reliable and trustworthy with a positive attitude.
• Valid Driver's license, willing to travel.
Staffmax Staffing & Recruiting